Sunday, November 11, 2018

Tucson Wash Truck





Saturday, I took my new truck off-roading with John C. and Brian M.  Brian has a Rubicon Hard Rock so he can go almost anywhere. We went to the Tucson Wash and surrounding area. Gordon and Haley might recognize  one of the spots is the old train trestle we went to once.

 

Brian brought his dog, Dodger

Dodger traveled really well on this trip





At work I had an interesting experience. We have a group of 3 women who were not getting along and each seemed to think the other was not providing the right support for the other to do her job. My deputy at work, Trevor, is also a member of the church. We called a meeting with the functional lead, Mike, over these women to iron responsibilities out.  We got into the room and he closed the door and said to me, “I know you are Mormon, and Trevor, I think you are too. Can we say a prayer before this meeting?”

Trevor then said, “Actually, Mormon is a nick name. The real name is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are simply making an effort to make sure everyone calls us by the correct name.” Mike was apologetic and then proceeded to say a nice prayer that we would be able to help these women know their responsibility. I’m glad that an evangelical recognized we would be comfortable praying with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home