Sunday, August 19, 2018

Rock House and Magic

This Friday was pretty busy. Russ wanted to go on a preparation ride as we were getting ready for the Utah Back Country Discovery Route, then I had an appointment for an eye exam, then it was the Elder's Quorum temple session at 4PM. 

I got up at 4:30AM to ride with Russ. We went out to the old Rock House. The desert was very green because of the rain. I cleaned up, sprayed weeds, cleaned the pool filter, had lunch, then went to my eye exam.





I told the receptionist that I only had 40 minutes for the exam because I had an appointment somewhere else. I could have told her I was trying to make a particular temple session because she was a member, but I didn't. I was hesitant to say that because she was invited to be at that same session and I didn't want to make her feel bad. The technician saw me right away but I waited half an hour for the doctor. 

When Felicia and I got to the Temple, we had 5 minutes to dress. We made it just in time for the session, but no one else from our ward was there. There were a total of 4 couples in the session; Brad and Tammy Whitaker, Gary Hainsworth and his wife, us, and another couple we didn't know. I guess we'll need to figure something else out for next quarter to get better attendance.

I had given two family names to a young man in the ward to do baptisms. He did it and we were able to pick those cards up while we were there.

Saturday I replaced some worn out window screens and we went to the annual magic show down town. It was put on by the Tucson chapter of the magician's club. It was funny to see the people not very polished do their tricks. The magicians got progressively better throughout the show. The last guy was pretty professional.

We went to the downtown El Charro for dinner after the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home