Sunday, April 19, 2015

Especially for Women

Felicia went to 'Time Out for Women' this weekend.

I decided to play around in the outdoors. I first hiked to Romero Pools while wearing my Reagan Library shirt.


The first mile is a relatively flat sandy section.

This guy was hiking barefoot. I thought that seemed dumb.

At the end of the sandy section is a fork. Romero pools to the left 2.4 miles and Montrose pools right 100 ft.
Here are Montrose Pools.



Here is what the Romero pools trail looks like in parts.

The path goes between rocks in some places

First view of Romero Canyon.
Pools viewed from above. I met barefoot guy again here. He had boots on.
Up close



A young fellow passed me coming up. I found him sun bathing on a rock.
Here is the pool below him. I hope he didn't plan to jump.

One last view on the way back out.

That evening I went for a ride. There was a tow truck at the trailhead with a 4Runner loaded that had significant body damage and a busted out windshield like you would see in a rollover. I found this place on the trail where someone had taken out their oil pan. 

See the busted rock and the oil slick.
 See the oil trail
Several Bud Light cans were strewn around 
The evening light on the mountain makes for pretty pictures.

I found these deer on the way out but had to take the picture twisted around backwards on my bike and couldn't hols the camera steady.

The next morning I trimmed the Mesquite tree in front to make room for the Saguaro to grow. 

Then in the afternoon I went off-roading in the truck to a ghost ranch called '96 Ranch'.




There was a sign on the gate post giving an introduction.

I wasn't the one visiting then. There were 5 people in this thing.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home