Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015

I spent three days this week in Dallas for business. Next week I am in San Jose. It was nice to take a break this weekend. Friday was the free day. Felicia went to play tennis in the morning and I decided to do an Easter Hike, like my Dad and I used to do when I was young.

My dentist, Dave, had told me for years about hiking to Pusch Peak via the Linda Vista trail. It is a 3 mile hike but intensely steep in places. Gordon and Haley hiked up part way with me once. This time I was determined to get all the way up. Here is a Google Earth view of the trail to the peak.


Not long after leaving the Linda Vista trail and starting up the canyon trail to Pusch Peak I ran into this.

Apparently a couple died here in 2012.

Here is a shot of the steep rock scramble Haley and Gordon and I did.

Here is the ridge I'm heading for.

Near the top.

Survey marker at the summit.

Dave said he got to the top in 1 hr once. It took me 2 hrs. Here is the view of Tucson and "A" mountain in the distance. There were beautiful 360 degree views here. Someday we hope to see a temple in this view. More on the hike.

Friday afternoon Felicia and I drove to Mt Lemmon.



Saturday was the start of General Conference. We learned there are 3,114 stakes, 406 missions, 561 districts, 29,621 wards, 15,372,337 members, 85,147 missionaries, 3 new temples. 144 total temples.

There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on young people relationships and marriage. Here are some quotes...

“No one has ever come up with a more efficient way to raise the next generation than a household of married parents with children.”

Hugh Nibley: "Our commitment is supposed to be a test, it’s supposed to be hard, it’s supposed to be impractical in the terms of this world”

"In an age dominated by the internet, which magnifies messages that menace faith, we must increase our exposure to spiritual truth." 

I tried to find the source of this quote:
"Those Who Can't Hear The Music Think The Dancers Are Insane." 
But only found it was a tattoo on the side of the actress from Transformers.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home