Sunday, March 1, 2015

Yah, dontcha know?

We wish we could be with all our kids to help them through there challenges, but it isn't so. Not at the present time, anyway. Haley has settled into her job, Eric is trying to find an internship to graduate, and Gordon and Alison are watching Johnny grow.

We went to see McFarland, USA. It is a good motivational and feel-good film. My understanding is that the exaggeration of truth in the film is that it took 8 years to get the team to a state championship, not just one, as shown in the movie.

I had some time to ride this weekend and met two guys from 'Minne-sohhh-ta' out  on the trail. They had the distinct Fargo area accent.  One of them said they work for Microsoft and can pretty-well work from wherever he wants so he decided to abandon the cold this winter and come live in Catalina, AZ. They were at the sign-in Kiosk when I rode up. I decided I could show them how to get up the trail.

This guy, Jeff, was on a Suzuki DR 650. I guess he was afraid of running out of gas so he packed along a gas can.

I forgot the other guy's name. As you see, they had matching helmets.
 He had a Honda XR650R with a street legal light kit. I was on the CRF230L
 I got to the top and tried to get a picture of them coming up but they went into the trees just as I was snapping this
 Here they are riding to the big switchback turn near the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home