Sunday, March 8, 2015

Mount Kleenex

This was a sick week. A cold hit me on Monday evening. I stayed home Tue and Wed to keep from infecting people but continued to work from home. I stayed home Thu because I felt awful. By Friday I was mostly OK. Kirby has developed an uncontrollable fetish for used kleenex. He would follow me around and lurk over me waiting for me to set one down. Garbage cans had to be set up high.


Felicia took Kirby to Windsor's veterinary office to get his teeth cleaned on one of the days. That kept him out of my hair for a while.

During the time I was confined to bed, I was able to listen to many chapters of Tolstoy's War and Peace. Even though Tolstoy doesn't categorize it as a novel, I would call it a historical novel. It chronicles what life was like among the Russian aristocracy during the Napoleonic Wars between 1805 and 1812.

I found this interesting because we would have had relatives living in what is now the Czech Republic (then the Bohemia/Selesia part of the Austrian Empire) who could have been involved in some of battles. Of course, War and Peace has a lot more to say about peace than war. This is a large book.

I am listening to the Librivox recorded version on the way to work (free). I expect to be finished by winter.

Have you ever wished you owned some dental picks? These were $6.95 from Amazon.

Friday I fixed the oil seal on the Honda CRF230's shift lever. It was jostled loose by a rock I hit while riding last week. The dental picks were perfect for grabbing and removing the old seal.

Saturday morning, I rode up Mount Lemmon on the KLR while Felicia was at the club. The KLR is getting old. I had to add a quart of oil before the ride.


It always puzzles me when I see someone driving their sedan up the backside of Mt Lemmon. This Impala was carrying an older couple up the road. They had lready passed several rough sections when I came across them.


I was taking a picture of what was left of the snow at the top when this fellow on my dream motorcycle came by (a KTM 1190 Adventure R).


He was behind me coming up the back side. I followed him down the front side.

We chatted briefly at a stop sign. He had an Alaska plate. He said he rode from Prudhoe Bay. Amazing.


We are all still praying that Eric can find an internship. He did a 12 hr shift with a CNA on Saturday then watched a movie at Hannah's place. Haley got her first big paycheck (one covering two weeks) and feels rich. John seems to be saying 'dada' now.

We decided to try the Wild Garlic Grill Saturday night. It is in an old time drive-in restaurant building and parking was crazy.


The food was affordable and good. Here is the salad.

...and the ribs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home