Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New 2016

Haley was supposed to fly back on Monday but the first leg of the flight going to Phoenix was weather delayed so she couldn't make the connection to the leg to Salt Lake City. I tried to call to tell them we would drive to Phoenix and put her on the plane there but there I couldn't get through after spending an hour on hold. I called Monday morning only to discover that she had been rebooked to a Tues flight by the computer.  Haley had to stay an extra day so we went on a hike to Romero pools.

We had to cross the CDO River. We jumped across it.
Here is a picture of the river from higher on the trail.
We took the short detour to Montrose pools on the way.



The weather was nice for the hike.
Great views,
We met lots of hikers on the trail.

When we finally reached the pools, many people were there. I thought the pools were a little over 2 miles but it turned out to be a 3,3 mile hike one way.
We had a snack while enjoying the pools.
This is the deep pool people jump into in the summer.

After over 6 miles of hiking we were feeling a tired but with a sense of accomplishment.

The next day we decided to skip the Tucson flight leg and drive Haley directly to Phoenix to make sure she got on the plan to SLC. We got there in plenty of time, checked her luggage, and decided to have lunch a Smashburger before she went through security. At 1:55 we put her in the security line. Boarding was to start at 2:10. At 2:10mshe texted us sayin the line was not moving and she was going to miss her flight. I told her she would make it and not to worry. No security line takes 30 minutes to get through. Well this one did. She and others got to the gate at 2:30 and found the doors were closed and the flight had left. She had to wait 3 more hours for another flight that she was able to get on in standby.

The next day, I took a motorcycle ride in the evening. The sun was setting. I came around a corner and the sun was right in my face temporarily blinding me. I got off my line and went up a loose hill and crashed, bending my shift lever making it very difficult to use.

 I was not on a difficult part of the trail when this happened.
 See the difference between shade and sun in this picture.
 I saw some deer on the way out. See if you can spot them. I got four pictures as they walked up the hill.



Linda Vista Canyon...Trail to Pusch Peak
 On Jan 1, I hiked up to Pusch Peak. All the hikes I went on were harder than I remembered them to be.
View of Oro Valley

Agave growing out of a rock

Pusch Ridge backbone

View at the top

Summit Marker


Camera with Motion Sensor watching the Trail

December Wildflower







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home