Sunday, May 24, 2015

Hohokum Spiral


Saturday, the Crosby Family moved out of the Crawford's house that they were renting and into the Andrew's house that they had bought. The Andrews had moved to live at their place of business. It took about 2 hrs to move.

After the move, I had a ride/hike planned to find some petroglyphs dating from 1000 AD.

I saw reference to Hohokum petroglyphs in the Southerland Wash/Baby Jesus Trail area. Using Google Earth, I was able to get their approximate location. It looked like there was an easy 2WD road near private homes that would take one very close. Unfortunately it was posted as NO TRESPASSING. The alternate way I went starts as a 2WD road then becomes a 4WD trail with some deep sand, then finally a hiking trail.


I parked my bike here.
This is the start of the hiking trail.
I found the first petroglyphs after less than 1 mile.
Many petroglypghs were all over this area. I found a fraction of them. I like this spiral.
Here's a target glyph
And a snake.
Many mountain goats depicted here
This sunburst has faded.
Here is an interesting animal

This area was a hot spot for petroglyphs
It was interesting to see how erosion shaped some of the rocks.
Eric seams to have a girlfriend now, although he is reluctant to call her that.  He is applying for jobs, but no interviews yet. 

Haley celebrated another birthday. She went to Lagoon with friends. She wanted a GoPro as a gift.

Gordon is still looking for more interesting opportunities and Alison and John are doing well.

We are heading to Utah at the end of this week to see my Mom and Eric and Haley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home