Sunday, July 13, 2014

We Are the Brave

Felicia left for Houston to see Gordon, Alison, and John on Wednesday. 

The dogs had to deal with being home alone. They seemed to manage OK. They are extremely focused on food when I come home, especially Kirby. He bounces like Tigger until fed.
I mostly worked on writing performance reviews for my work section. I have 11 people to review and two need formal performance improvement plans based on their ranking. One, I think, is unfairly ranked too low.

I went for a short ride Saturday to break  up the day of writing reviews and to see what the monsoons had done to the trails.

This area had a slightly deeper groove making it a little trickier to turn out of at the top in order to avoid the rock.
There some rocks that rolled off the mountain into the trail.
Later I went to see the America movie by D'souza. The movie critics did not like it. The same critics loved Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 when it was released (go figure).  The objective of the movie was to counter college professors who believe America has been a force for evil that was built on the backs of black slaves, stealing land from the Indians and Mexico.

The show was in one of the small theaters but was packed, though mostly by people older than me. I sat between two older women. At the end, everyone clapped.  We started getting up to leave and this song by Madison Rising started during the credits. Everyone stopped, standing where they were, until the song was over.  It was moving.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home