Sunday, June 15, 2014

A New Kind of Father's Day

This is my first Father's Day without a father to send a card to or call on the phone. I miss him.

Here is a random selection of photos of my children....
with Grand-baby John
Eric getting sick at Benihana's
visiting Gordon and Alison in Houston
BC
Sabino Canyon
Karioki
Eric and Haley perform live
the real hike
be careful Haley
the race
Florence quad rental

Back to the present, here is what I got with birthday money from my Moms...
I wore it on my ride yesterday and every time I saw a policeman I worried he would be influenced by my jersey.

The Golden-Flowered Agave were blooming on the Oracle Control Rd going to Mt Lemmon.

Can you pick out the subject of this picture?
Here is a close-up



Felicia and I went to see the bats come out at bridge at Campbell and River.
 The speckles in the sky are the bats. Their numbers aren't at peak until August, we were told.
 One of the bats in this group was snatched by a falcon (Night Hawk) in mid flight and carried away.
This is the bridge that they all sleep under.



2 Comments:

At June 15, 2014 at 8:14 PM , Blogger alison said...

Happy Father's Day! This is a great post! :)

 
At June 19, 2014 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Van said...

I agree. It was a strange Father's Day. I enjoy your posts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home