Sunday, June 8, 2014

Yet Another

Another Happy Birthday for me.  Felicia got a strawberry ice cream cake for me.
I got some nice shirts and and checks from my mother and mother-in-law (thank you). Gordon and Alison gave me an Aerostich gift card to allow replacement of my old Elkskin Ropers. The old ones are pictured here with my run-over garage door opener.

Two weeks ago I had clipped the garage door opener to the cross-bar support for the Honda's handlebars. The bar didn't have as big of a diameter as the one on my KLR.  Apparently it flew off while I was riding on the trail. When I returned to the Charouleau Gap the next week, my garage door opener was sitting near the sign-in book at the trail kiosk.  The visor clip was smashed flat.  When I tried it at home, it still worked.

For my birthday dinner we finally we able to get in to Cafe Poca Cosa.

The menu is on a chalkboard because the chef often changes it, supposedly.
We arrived early to beat the crowds.
I ordered watermelon juice
It was ok. The salsa was very good.

I ordered the Cafe Poca Cosa surprise where the chef gives you whatever he wants to.
I got Pollo Mole, Asada Zapoteca, and Tomale Pie. That was fun. Across the street was the Space Emporium. I have no idea what that is but we kept seeing musicians with instruments going up and down the street.





Well California Chrome came up short.  The breathright nasal strips couldn't do it for him. I'm sure the injury to his foot didn't help. Another year passes without a Triple Crown winner.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home