Sunday, June 1, 2014

Milkshake Gas

I went to the dermatologist this week and had several AKs frozen off my face using one of these liquid nitrogen guns.
This is really a simple device. It is a thermos bottle with a trigger lever that opens a valve that directs the liquid nitrogen though the nozzle.  LN2 changes phase at 77K.  The changing of the LN2 phase creates the pressure in the bottle to force the LN2 out when the valve is opened.  As simple as this sounds, it costs $600 to get one on ebay. This is why medical devices are a lucrative business, or they were before Obamacare.

Anyway, several were removed from my forehead and ears.  I went to the dermatologist this time because I was paranoid after my Dad passed away from Merkel cell cancer. She didn't find any of that on me. I asked about several dry scaly bumps and she said they were benign and hereditary.

Friday we went to the Gilbert Temple.  We got there at noon and decided to eat at Chick-Fil-A before the session. They were advertising a peach shake special that I couldn't resist.

The Gilbert temple is nice with a simpler and more classic decorations than the Mesa Temple. I took the name of Charles Griffiths, brother of Lewis.
There was a tour helicopter flying over the temple when we arrived. The temple has lots of low-water-use water features.


During the session I developed significant gas pain from the milkshake.  I never remember having that issue before.  Well, I made it through the session and was much improved by the time we left Deseret Book to return home.

Saturday I tried to ride the little Honda too aggressively and fell over on a rock. Once again, the hand guard saved me.
But I will need to order another mirror.










1 Comments:

At June 1, 2014 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

I was all excited at first because I thought you went to a place that served milkshakes frozen by nitrogen gas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home