Sunday, April 1, 2018

Historic Conference

Wow! Just finished watching the April 2018 General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What a conference! I am now an Elder again. The announcement to combine High Priests and Elders Quorums at the Ward level will certainly make coordination of move and cleaning assignments easier. I think HTing has been evolving for the last 2 yrs to be more of a ministering-focused activity. They have been telling us lately that we can count making contact if we can't make it into their house. Sometimes my only contact with a family in the month is going over to give a blessing or just talking on the phone. My take on it is that the Elders Quorum President may need more support than he currently has to keep up and coordinate all the assignments.

Of the temple announcements, I was most interested in the India and Russia announcements. We will all learn to say Bengaluru (we used to know it as Bangalore). President Nelson certainly started out with a big splash. Having an a Latin and Asian heritage apostle is another big moment for the restored church.

It was great to hear about Haley's baptism commitment! It is rewarding to see people's lives change for the better.



I took Felicia for a motorcycle ride on Saturday. I got a helmet intercom for Christmas and this was the first time trying it out. I thought she might like riding with me more if she could talk to me ...but no. 

Eric and Krystal have been helping take care of Grandma James on weekends...giving Kevin and Tammy some time off. Gordon and Alison and the boys are in Houston for Easter. They seem to have enjoyed their Easter baskets.

Aunt Skip celebrated her 90th and Grandma Reese went to the celebration. Sadly, we couldn't make it.

I took a ride through the scenic Box Canyon Rd near Florence, AZ this weekend.
Gordon and I rode this area years ago on an ATV tour.

VIDEO LINK

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2018 at 11:08 AM , Blogger f reese said...

Hey I just said I wasn't up for offroading on the bike.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home