Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sand and Portland



This week was a busy one. On Memorial Day, Russ Pearson and I scouted out a stretch of the AZ Backcountry Discovery Route. It was an adventure and the report of how he rescued me is here.


I then had a business trip to Portland, Oregon. Haley had given me a list of things to do when we were there. It was a good list but I only got to do one thing.

The first night we ate at a restaurant on the Columbia River. This is a big river.
Salty's on the Columbia
My team at Salty's
The next night we drove to Multnomah Falls that was recommended by Haley. It is right off the freeway in the 'Gorge' area. I was not prepared for how scenic it is there.
As recommended by Haley
Many photos of the falls follow.
The Team at the Falls



Looking down from the Upper Bridge
We started hiking to the top of the falls. The women dropped out but the men finished.
Hiking to the Top
View of the Columbia from the trail

View down from the Top of Multnomah Falls

We next tried to go the Ice Cream shop Haley recommended, Salt and Straw. The line out the door was so long that my car decided to go back to the Hotel. The other car stayed and made t through the line. They all said the Pear and Bleu Cheese was the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home