Sunday, December 8, 2019

GCBAR Day 8 Twin Pt - Mesquite NV

GCBAR Day 8, Sep 10, 2019:
This is our last day in the dirt and it will prove the most challenging terrain of the ride. On the docket is a ride out to Twin Point or Kelly Point (the signs say Twin Point and my map says Kelly Point so I don't know what it is really). I was not expecting much from ride out to Kelly Point, but I was pleasantly surprised. There was a lot of graded road but before long we were in rutted pine forest roads and then the rock stretch out to the overlook. We saw some wildlife and had a nice view at the point.
From here, the video tells the real story. We will encounter rocky washes, challenging rock steps at Nutter Twists,...
... incur damage,

...ride miles of sand/silt, ride some red rock,


... see a ghoulish formation,

... and find a shower and comfortable bed.
At Nutter Twists, Russ got off balance and his bike started tipping but he jumped off and caught it mid fall and lifted it back up. I have no idea how he did that.


A little later in the loose sand, I also got off balance and was able to slide part way off and stop the bike from falling but couldn't lift it back up. I had to stand there with one foot on the ground holding the bike from falling until Russ could casually stroll back to me and pull the bike upright. I don't think I could have held it another 5 seconds beyond when he arrived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home