Sunday, September 10, 2017

Moving Miss Haley

We drove up to Utah to help Haley move back home for a few weeks before her mission to Nevada Las Vegas West. Felicia and  I visited my Mom and then Janet in the Specialty Care facility. Mom was fine and coping with age. Janet showed improvement. She could move her left arm now and could move her eyes and squeeze with her hand. I couldn't tell if she was aware though. After visiting Janet we went by the Provo Temple and the new MTC.



We loaded all of Haley's things in the truck and a uhaul trailer and headed South.
Getting gas while towing a trailer was always an adventure but the Flying J near Beaver was especially interesting. All the pumps were being used so I pulled up behind a guy. After I pulled up I noticed the car was empty. I waited several minutes for him to return  but he didn't come so I grabbed the pump and stretched it to my filler spout and began filling. I though he was done and had just gone into the store. He returned as I was finishing filling up and then flipped his filler cap door open and looked at me. I asked, "Have you not already filled up?" He answered no. I told him I had waited a long time and decided to fill mine. I finished and gave him the pump hose.
Since backing the trailer is hard, I waited for him to finish. After he filled up, he left again to go into the store. I waited a while and then got tired of waiting and backed up the trailer and maneuvered out of there. People were waiting at every pump there and I was shocked that he would be so inconsiderate as to block a pump that long.

Sister Reese with Deseret First Luggage
The Bishop of Haley's ward in Sandy is President of Deseret First Credit Union and he told Haley to apply for a luggage "scholarship" from them. They award selected missionary applicants luggage. She was gifted this nice set.

Haley spoke in church today. Her former Young Women's leaders came to hear her. She told about her decision to go and likened her difficulties in getting to the Amtrak station in San Diego to finding her way to deciding to leave on a mission. Many people told me that they enjoyed her talk. I thought she did an excellent job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home